Monday, 10 August 2009

My angry letter to Espirit

Hi Espirit!

I have been a very loyal customer and I hate stop shopping from your brand, I have to say that I have had a very good shopping experience until last week. Half of my closet is full of your products: my jacket, loads of T shirts, shirts and trousers.

My general view on Espirit as a brand was good quality and great customer service. This was all until this Saturday:

Where I come from customer is always right, but apparently in your shop in Westfield customer is smelly.

I bought a pair of jeans on 1st of August and tried to return them on Saturday 8th. The store manager, whom I've been told by the staff on the phone today that her name is "Rubbie", sniffed the jeans and told me: "Oh, it smells, smells really bad. You've been wearing it!!!". This happened in front of other customers and members of staff.

I cannot explain my disbelief, of the way I've been treated. All I can say is that it was utterly rude and humiliating and I hate to think that it was actually RACIST.

I'm fine with my purchase and even with the fact that I've been refused a refund of my purchase (which is my statutory right as a consumer) but I cannot accept this kind of behavoiur at all. The least you would expect is to be respected not only as a customer but as a fellow human being.

but this recent incident have left me feeling disgusted and very disappointed. Therefore, I would like a formal apology from that company and a personal apology from the person I mentioned earlier.

Regards,

M N.

No comments: